Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Another Step to Success
Today I ran for 20 minutes, straight!!!
It was the first time, EVER, in my life that I have run for so long without having to stop. I felt like singing a little happy song to my msucles, to my lungs, to the gym and the treadmill. I was SO HAPPY. I feel so proud of myself.
This morning I woke up and tried to get excited about running for 20 minutes. Mostly, though, I was afraid. I was afraid of failing, especially after so much success. But, I told myself that if I could run 15, I could surely do 20. I aimed for the 15 mark first, and then just pushed myself saying, "Only 5 more minutes. Only 5 more minutes...only 4 more minutes..." and so on until I got there.
Here's the most amazing part of that, though: I was saying, "Only 5 more minutes." There was a time when I couldn't even fathom being able to run for 5 minutes straight and there I was saying only, like it was a short, easy amount of time.
I've come a long way, people, and it makes me feel so happy to be here.
Posted by Spjutopia at 6:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment