Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pouring Success

Today I have never been so grateful for the gym in my whole life because it is absolutely chucking it down with rain. Buckets, and buckets, and buckets of rain. Thankfully, I didn't have to run in it. Instead, I went to the gym, determined to do my "Long Run" today. I had a break from running yesterday, and I will have another break tomorrow, so I figured this was the day to try running longer/farther this week. I was determined to.


And, I did.

In fact, I ran for 15 minutes STRAIGHT with no walking (hooray!).
I have never run so far, nor so long. In fact, when I finished running, the voice of Lance Armstrong (yeah, that famous guy in the photo on the left) came on my Nike+ and congratulated me on my long workout. Thanks, Lance!

I feel very proud of myself, and extremely happy about how the run went. Best of all, my body feels strong and I am not having any pain in my knee even though I ran over 3 miles (longer than a 5k, which has caused me knee pain in the past).

Basically, this has turned in to an all around FANTASTIC day, even if it is pouring rain outside. Thank heavens for the gym!!

1 comments:

Relitz Rants said...

running in the rain would have been no fun! I agree.