Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cross Training Day

I got out the door just fine today with a FIXED iPod (hooray!), and decided it was time to do something besides running, just to change things up and prevent injury. I used the ellyptical, then walked my cramped muscles out (those machines HURT), and then did some weights work. It felt good to be using my muscles in new ways today.

I didn't really need to bother with any of it, though, because I came home and weeded my front yard, which was almost as much work (or more) as the gym offered me. Here's an example of the type of weeds I was pulling up today:


Now my muscles are SO SORE.

This is where I'll be rockin' the ibuprofen for the next day or so.

Remind me again why I cross train...?
Oh yeah, to prevent this kind of pain in the future.

I must be crazy.

2 comments:

AsK said...

Yep. You are crazy! =) I think that running a marathon is crazy...but you have to be in order to do it...so be happy you are crazy! Good job for getting the weeds pulled and for working out...huge accomplishments! Despite the pain I bet you feel great!

-Karen

Spjutopia said...

You're right! Running is a good kind of crazy! Thanks for the support - it's super helpful and motivating!! :D