Today's run wasn't much of a run.
I ran on Tuesday for 20 straight minutes, and felt awesome, but today I felt sick.
I felt really, really dizzy, for the second time this week. It's been crazy. Monday I felt so bad I had to sit while I lectured. Then, today I felt so ill that I was having a hard time driving to and from the gym (because everything was spinning). I don't think it was super safe, but I was driving slowly and carefully, and I made it just fine.
I can't figure what the problem is, though. I think it's been brought on by pluggage (sure, it's a word...) in my ears from allergies. I've been really sneezy lately, and keep breaking out in itchy allergic reactions to crap in the air. Definite allergy season.
Anyhow, so today I felt so dizzy that I mostly walked instead of ran. I'd walk 2 minutes, run for 1. I did that for about 20 minutes, and then got off. It was so NOT a workout that I felt like I didn't even need to stretch afterwards. But, at least I got out and did something.
The major highlight of the exercise (not in a good way, either) was the woman who looked absolutely skeletal. I mean, SERIOUSLY skeletal. I saw each individual rib cage bone - by her neckline. Where her breasts should have been, there was nothing - just mosquito bites. Instead of cleavage, peeking out over the top of her exercise shirt were the deep, jagged ruts of ribs. Her body had practically NO fat on it, such that I could see individual muscle groups and tendons in her body, and clearly make out where they linked with her bones. It was truly disgusting.
She, meanwhile, was chatting with another runner and showing off muscle groups. She seemed proud of how she looked, even though she looked ill.
I wondered, as I looked at her, if this is what elite runners looked like in real life. It was anything BUT attractive.
Still, though, it made me remember something very important: I run to gain fitness, not to be thin. Running to be thin can lead a person to be too thin, and that is not what I want.
I want to be fit and flexible. I want to be devastatingly sexy. Is that so wrong?
Friday, May 14, 2010
What the ????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
are you getting enough iron?
Post a Comment