I am going to really focus on what I am grateful for this month. I've done this before, but never online. So, here it goes:
Yesterday's (Day 1):
I am grateful for Alan, Aaron's brother (he's the one on the left in the above picture). I had a dream about him again two nights ago. He was twelve years old, and laughing a lot at a family get together. I thought, "Wow, Alan, that's weird. Why did you decide to be 12 today?" And then I thought about how I knew how he would sound when he was older, and what he would look like. I thought about how I was aware of the man he would become. His little chubby, round cheeks were rosey as he laughed and said, "Hey, Hey...Aaron?! Hey, Aaron!" with excitement, to my husband.
And then I woke up, and realized he was gone.
I felt so sad, but I also felt so grateful. I thought about him the entire day, like when my radio spontaneously turned on, or when a song he loved came on while I was showering. He used to BLAST his music from his iPod when he showered at our house. I thought about him when I watched a sci-fi film, and when I started the dishwasher. I felt happy that he is such a part of my life, even though he is no longer with us.
Today's (Day 2):
I am grateful for the smell of autumn. I opened the door last night to the most beautiful smell of burning fires. That was the smell of the air when we lived in Provo, just as the leaves were turning brown. It is a beautiful smell, and represents the season to me so much more than anything else. I love the air this time of year. It feels crisp, but not cold, and is so refreshing. I love the long walks with the dog, and the beautiful autumn sunsets. Fall is, easily, my favorite season. I am so grateful I live in a place that has seasons. I would miss the change in the weather.

0 comments:
Post a Comment