Monday, November 7, 2011

Days 5, 6, and Today: 7

Day 7 (Today): I am grateful for my job. Sure, there are days I hate it. But, today I did not hate it. At the end of the night a student said, as she left, "I love this class." There was no irony, no sarcasm, just open and delighted honesty. It made me feel good - worthwhile - and like what I do matters, occassionally, to some students. I like that part of my job a lot: influencing people and making their lives better.

Day 6 (Sunday): I am grateful for a good cry, occassionally. I am also really grateful for General Conference talks, played while I cut Aaron's hair. They were exactly what I needed to hear, when I needed to hear them.

Day 5 (Saturday): I am grateful for a husband who recognizes my sometimes inexplicable and otherwise unrecognizable needs. Tonight he saw that I needed to go to JoAnn's, so off we went to buy fabric. Then, in the store he noticed I was hungry (I did not feel hunger, mind), so off we went to Panda (yum!). He is very aware of me, and of my needs, and works very hard to make sure needs are met, even when those needs exist before I recognize they do!

1 comments:

AsK said...

I gave Adam a hair cut too! Tis the season.

That's so sweet that Aaron was knowing what you needed before you did. Adam really doesn't like the fabric store, so I'm proud of Aaron for going with you! I know it means a lot.
-Karen