Today, I am grateful for mediocrity. I am so glad that I can do lots of different things at a mediocre level rather than just one thing at a great level. This is because there are so many different things I enjoy doing, and I cannot imagine being pigeon-holed into one pursuit. I think that would be a very boring life.
So, here are just a few things I enjoy doing at the level of mediocrity:
Running, or more like jogging
Playing the piano
Playing the violin (this is a new one, so it's the very beginning of mediocrity)
Crocheting
Knitting
Quilting
Sewing
Acting
Cooking
Baking (the cheesecake I make is slightly more than mediocre, but otherwise, this fits here too)
Floral Design
Sketching
Using Photoshop
Teaching
Speaking Spanish
There is nothing quite like being mediocre, and I am so grateful today that I can be only mildly proficient in so many varied activities. It definitely makes my life more interesting, that's for sure!
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Day 3: Mediocrity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment