So, things have gotten a bit busy and I haven't had the opportunity to update on my January project.
In January, I worked for Empower Women in Africa, where I made 13 different feminine hygiene pads and 40 different inserts. Each pad requires 3 inserts to make it a "complete set," so I had to do many more of those than the actual pad. Still, for this I broke out my serger sewing machine for the first time and, voila, it was pretty much a snap from there.
Well, actually it took me nearly 3 hours a night for three weeks to complete all the cutting, pinning, and sewing, but I was really proud of what I did. Here are some pictures of it:
Thursday, March 22, 2012
January Project
Each girl gets 3 pads and 9 inserts, meaning that I helped 4 girls in Africa get a complete set with the work I did here. I LOVED doing this project, and I felt wonderful being able to help my fellow sisters have a more comfortable monthly experience.
Plus, now that I know how to make them, I'm tempted to make several for my 72-hour kit. After all, they're washable, reusable, and practical. Who could say no?
If you want to learn how to make these, or to help out, just click here to get more info: http://empowerwomeninafrica.com/get-involved/
Posted by Spjutopia at 7:11 PM
Labels: charity work, joy, success
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment