In the month of February, things got crazy busy for us. I don't know quite what it was that made things so crazy: increased administration tasks at work, a bunch of yearly check-ups and dentist appointments, Aaron suddenly working more because of the short-term class. But, whatever caused it, things got nuts.
I was grateful, therefore, that I had selected a fairly straightforward project and had purchased the materials already. Because of this, I was able to get right to work.
In February, I did a project for Project Linus, which gives blankets to children in need, such as poorly newborns or those who have been put in foster care.
For this project, I serged the edge of four fleece blankets (as per their instructions on their website about what to do with fleece). Each blanket was sized for a crib blanket, so they will probably go to babies. Here's a picture of my blankets (it includes the white behind, which was a blanket):
This was a fast project, but very satisfying. I hope they help to warm the hearts of the children who get them!
If you wish to help out Project Linus in your area, or if you wish to find out more about this amazing organization, please click here: http://www.projectlinus.org/chapter.php?StateKey=CA

0 comments:
Post a Comment