For the last three weeks, I have been exercising regularly. For the first two weeks, I merely got out and walked four times a week. I took the dog, and together we enjoyed 30 minutes around the block, walking 1.5 miles. It was nice.
Then, last week I decided I was ready to up the ante. I took a look at the old Couch to 5k running plan, and decided it was time to dust it off and start on it again. So, I did. I picked a week I thought might be slightly higher than my current level, and did it.
I chose to do Week 3. The exercise for this week looks like this:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
•Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
•Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
•Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
•Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)
It was challenging on the first day, and then more so on the second. By the third day, though, I found it was feeling almost too easy. Granted, I had been cross training in between to keep up my fitness, but it still was nice to see my progress.
So, having done all three days of that week, I decided it was time to move on to the next week. I woke up and decided that, since church didn't start until 1pm, I was going to go for a nice, long run. It was sunny outside, and beautiful (nearly 60 degrees). So, I did the Couch to 5k, Week 4, Day 1 outside. I ran to the temple and back. It nearly killed me, but I did it.
Here's what today's workout looked like:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
•Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
•Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
•Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
•Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
•Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
•Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
•Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
I did all that - can you believe it?! I can't! I ran/walked 2 miles in 35 minutes!! More importantly, of that I ran for 5 minutes straight!! It was absolutely amazing, and I feel fantastic now!
I love running - Hooray!!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Long Overdue Update
Posted by Spjutopia at 12:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment