Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sneaky Time Run

This morning, I woke up before Aaron. It's remarkable because I went to be nearly an hour after he did. I don't know why, but I feel all energized and excited for the day!

Because he was still sleeping, I was really sneaky. I managed to get out of bed, get dressed, let the dog out, and leave a note, without Aaron waking up. I even went out our very squeaky front door twice, and he didn't budge until I'd been gone for nearly 20 minutes!

Of course, I wasn't trying to escape. I just wanted to go running while letting the tired guy sleep.

Because it's summer, it really goes without saying that it's another boiling day here in Fresno. But, at least the A/C was working in the exercise room by the office (someone happened to turn it on yesterday while she was leaving. . . wonder who that was?!?). Another bonus - there was no latina rap videos. I decided to be prepared, and I turned on something mindless in case Ms. ipod-in-her-ear-who-will-still-turn-on-the-TV-just-to-be-annoying decided to come back. At least that way she would be subjected to MY television, rather than the other way around. Regardless, she didn't return and I was relieved.

The run went about as planned. 1.8 miles in 30 minutes. It's nothing fancy, and it's terribly slow, but at least I did it! I didn't stretch yesterday, so my body is sore, sore, sore today (also a result of too little exercise for too long. I've gone soft). My fault, and I know it. So, I spent extra time stretching this afternoon, although my dog was really excited that I was on the floor with him and he kept bugging me for a nice ear scratch. Still, after a good stretch, some doggy belly rubs, and a cold shower to cool off my muscles, I feel great!

Today is one more for the success board! Only 308 more days to go!

0 comments: