Sunday, November 2, 2008

O, the insanity!

These last three weeks have been, as usual, busy, busy, busy. I've spent most of the time exhausted. In less than a month, we had two finals weeks, and two new start weeks - both of which are the hardest parts of any semester. Right now we're teaching six classes a piece, which is more than I think I ever wanted to teach.

Then, last weekend we had the primary program at church. The program went well - my favorite was the girl who sat in front and belted her heart out, complete with false vibrato. However, it means my calling has been taking more time.

I also just got through the second Latin test. I was certain I'd only gotten a B, but last week I found out I'd aced it (I got 104 out of 100 - woohoo!).

Things did finally begin to settle down some when my sister came to visit for the weekend. It was good to have her in town, especially because I needed a break from the chaos! While she was out we ate really good Thai food. The best part was, by far, the crab flowers appetizer (pictured below) - HEAVENLY!

Then, on Friday we visited Sequoia National Park. The day was perfect - we had a good run in the morning, then a relaxed and chatty drive up to the mountains, and a relaxing evening hiking through the autumn trees. It was beautiful. Below is a picture suitable for Halloween - notice the hand coming out of the tree (look closely). Aaron decided he wanted to dress up as a giant Sequoia.


Saturday morning we got up and ran the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, 5k Race. It was crazy fun! Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures that were very good of this, so you'll just have to imagine how great we looked running alongside the Fresno State grape fields! After the race we traveled around Fresno, visited some shops, and went to the temple. Then, we gorged ourselves on Armenian food. I LOVE their hummus! It was a blast to have her in town. I just wish we could see her more often!

The week after she left has been similar to what it was before she came - teaching, trying to catch up on homework, sleeping whenever we get the chance (which isn't often), writing papers for graduate applications, and so forth.

One story did make me laugh pretty hard this week. One of Aaron's students wrote in their paper, "His heart started to beep faster and faster."

Classic.

On the agenda for next week? Lots of fun - an eye appointment, and a wisdom tooth extraction. I find it really annoying that my one wisdom tooth had to wait to appear until AFTER I was married and off of Mom and Dad's amazing dental insurance. Oh well. At least our home teacher is an oral surgeon, right?

3 comments:

AsK said...

Wow! Things seem pretty busy around there! This is fun now that a lot of us have blogs! Sorry for taking the dispjute thing...I do realize you are the only one:) Congrats on the Latin test and your 5K. I tried to look for the hand in your picture, but I just couldn't see it. Wisdom tooth extraction will keep you down for a day or 2, but jamba juice and ice cream (both with a spoon) are my recommendations! I know Adam put pizza in the blender, but I just can't see you going that route! Get some rest! -Karen

Hayden Life said...

As always DVD is staying busy!! Miss you tons!

Willowkist said...

You really should keep track of all the crazy things your studnets say, and then maybe you can write publish a book about the youth of this country.